Grateful Dead - Best of the Greatful Dead Live Vol. 1 LP
When most people think of The Grateful Dead’s music, they think not of the work the band did in the studio but of the band’s live performances. That’s not to dismiss their studio albums – as if we’d ever do such a thing! – but simply to underline that the Dead were true road warriors who made their bones in concert, turning in a record-breaking 2,318 performances between 1965 and 1995.
But now let’s get serious: we’ve got a new Grateful Dead live collection – the ultimate live collection, some (in our publicity department) would say – and since it’s in stores now, we thought this would be the perfect time to tell you about it.
The good news: as of this writing, you can pick up a copy of the 2-LP set THE BEST OF THE GRATEFUL DEAD LIVE, VOLUME ONE on 180-gram vinyl.
The bad news: the release date of VOLUME TWO is still pending…but it’s coming!
Here’s the track listing for the 2-LP version!
1. "St. Stephen" - Fillmore West (2/27/69) from Live/Dead
2. "Bertha" - Fillmore East (4/27/71) from Grateful Dead (Skull & Roses)
3. "Wharf Rat" - Fillmore East (4/26/71) from Grateful Dead (Skull & Roses)
1. "Jack Straw" - Olympia Theatre (5/3/72) from Europe '72
2. "Truckin'" - Lyceum Theatre (5/26/72) from Europe '72
1. "Sugar Magnolia" - Olympia Theatre (5/4/72) from Europe '72
2. "Morning Dew" - Lyceum Theatre (5/26/72) from Europe '72
1. "Brown-Eyed Women" - Tivoli Concert Hall (4/14/72) from Europe '72
2. "The Music Never Stopped" - Great American Music Hall (8/13/75), One From The Vault
3. "Estimated Prophet" - Barton Hall (5/8/77) from Cornell 5/8/77