Primal Scream - Give Out But Don't Give Up (Original Memphis
Limited edition triple LP expanded version with tons of outtakes.
- This is the first US release on vinyl!
- 3LP set includes two additional LPs of bonus outtakes, making their debut on vinyl
- Features new cover artwork!
- Lacquers cut at 33 1/3 rpm for the first time by original mastering engineer Jeff Powell, pressed on 2-140g records and comes in deluxe packaging with a booklet.
- Limited and individually numbered
Also available in the standard 2xLP version released in Europe 2017, sans bonus tracks.
"After the huge success of Screamadelica, in 1993 Primal Scream went to Memphis to make an album with Tom Dowd and the Muscle Shoals rhythm section, which was originally intended to be their 'country soul' album, but never saw the light of day. Now, following the recent discovery of these tracks lurking in Andrew Innes' basement, Primal Scream will release the original studio recordings from Memphis of the tracks that eventually became their 1994 album Give Out But Don't Give Up. Teaming up with legendary producer Tom Dowd and the Muscle Shoals rhythm section of David Hood (bass) and Roger Hawkins (drums) at Ardent Studios in Memphis, these are the results from those classic sessions. Dowd's deft production, coupled with the merging of this sublime rhythm section along with the band led to the creation of nine glorious tracks that run the gamut between blues, gospel, soul and country."